The purpose of this policy is to inform you of how The Cooking Apple uses and protects any information that you give The Cooking Apple when you use this website.
The Cooking Apple is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Cooking Apple may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to our classes, including any food allergies and special requirements you may need to make us aware of before attending a class
We collect the above information from the contact form on our website and communication with you via email, telephone or in person in connection with your attendance at one of our classes.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- To ensure that all cookery classes and events are safe
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new classes or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may take photos during the class of the food that you are preparing, to share on social media. If we would like to take a photograph of a participant(s) enjoying the class, we will always ask for your verbal consent before taking the picture. We will then ask you again for your consent to post the picture on our social media sites. You may at any time ask for the picture to be deleted.
Data Storage Times
Your details will be held on our system for 5 years. After this time, they will be deleted. We reserve the right to contact you before your attendance of any class to ensure that the details we hold are correct.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- please let us know if you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.